Thursday, June 12, 2008

If you have to get up early...coffee would be nice!


Day 4. Yes, I am writing every day. It's like getting a new toy. The novelty is still brand spankin' new, so expect posts from me daily (when I can) for at least a week of two anyway. I was starting to worry that nothing super blog-worthy happened to me today. And then I realized, I woke up and blessed this world with my presence. Okay, I didn't actually wake up. In fact, its very rare that I "wake up". It goes more like this...I was woken up at 6AM sharp by a little pair of eyes about 2 inches from mine saying "mommy? Wanna go play?" Are you kidding me? The only thing I wanna go play is "sleep marathon" or "lets see how long mommy can keep her eyes closed". Apparently they don't teach those games in pre-school... So, I tried the 'ole why don't you climb in bed with me parent trap and rest for a few minutes. How is it a 4 year old can fidget and twist around in a bed like there were mousetraps going off under the covers. Finally, after getting kicked and head-butted one too many times, I rolled out of the bed to start the day. I think I'm going to teach the 4 year old to make coffee. That way, when I get the "mommy, wanna play" before the sun rises (and believe me - its almost the summer equinox - that bright orb is rising early) I can at least smile and nod as I levitate towards the aroma of fresh brewed coffee. mmmmmmm... cheers.

No comments: