Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Foot is healing just fine...thanks to some Red Wine


Okay, so its my second day as an official blogger. My little site doesn't look as cool as some others (hhhmmmmm....you know who you are walker off''er), but hey, give me a few more posts and I will rock this thing! Okay, so I am back to life as we know it. One thing I am pretty pissed off about is the fact that I can't swim. Well, I CAN swim, (not drowning counts right?), but I had this foot surgery - by the worlds best surgeon - on my birthday last week to remove some glass...I was at one of my best friends beach house where mysteriously a vodka bottle was dropped and the only piece of glass not sucked up by the "claimed" vacuum found its way deep into my foot. The first attempt to remove the glass included an office visit to above-mentioned surgeon, where 100 shots of some stinging liquid was fired into the ball of my foot. Yeee-ouch! After digging around for what felt like four hours (probably really only about 15 minutes) I was told the quickest way to rid myself of the filthy sharp funk was a real operation. Scrubs, hair bonnets, narcotics and all! So, on my birthday I got to hang out in a cute little buttless gown and read my book while I awaited my time in the sterile operating environment. Long story short, all went well. I read 100 pages of my new book (Riding Lessons - kind of scary if you're an eventer) and had a great nap. Added bonus, I got the glass out of my foot! Happy, happy feet! Still a little sore, but every day is better.




Okay, so I totally opted to not allow comments due to a prior youtube a-hole who commented that my darling dancing children sucked. Total stranger and who asked him anyway? So, I may allow comments on my blog, but just know, I crumble with criticism, so if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all...or lie!




BTW - tried a great new wine tonight - called "Red Knot" Cab - out of Australia I think...yummy~!

1 comment:

Robby Johnson said...

You are Fantabulus: She Of The First Family of Fabulous, Order of the Fantastics. I am sorry you had to get your surgery on. No one wants to spend their Feliz Cumpleano in hospital UNLESS THEY GIVE YOU GOOD DRUGS! xoxo