Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 2 - Jackson Hole














































Day 2 (Sunday): Spent about 3 hours in the morning, sucking down three pots of coffee with REAL cream (thankfully one woman went on the grocery store run), trying to figure out what to do. Ended up going to a lunch back at the Cadillac where the world shrank really fast. The hostess asked where we were from, and when we answered NC, she said her too. When asked where, she answered Rocky Mount. Ha! What a small world. Our lunch seemed to go on and on and on...and on. Finally, after a few hours, we were set free. Off to go rent bicycles. We rode for miles in the heat through the Elk Refuge which was really neat. Didn't see any elk or any signs of elk, and even started to wonder if they didn't just say "Elk Refuge" just to get tourists to keep the dirt rode traveled, but we did see a coyote, a prairie dog, and some sort of bird of prey (hopefully not thinking "snack"). After riding, we went back home to get ready for our big dinner out at the SRG which was supposed to be out of this world. Of course I had a major clothing crisis but thankfully T was able to return the wardrobe favor by lending me a comfy red dress. Got to the restaurant, ordered GREAT wine, ordered dinner, and then it was my turn on the roulette wheel of heartburn. I miserably traveled a path between my chair and the bathroom which thankfully was only about 20 feet. J left dinner to go find tagamet. I then realized I had thrown a roll of tums in my pocketbook just in case anyone got heartburn. Ha! I was saving myself! I quickly ate the roll, J returned with the tag, and in about 15 minutes was feeling much better. I came back to the table ready to finish my million dollar meal that I had taken only 3 bites of, and it was GONE! The server thought I was done. That meal should have sat and sat and grown mold from sitting so long until I WAS ASKED IF I WAS finished. Which clearly I wasn't. It's a shame to leave a good, expensive, meal hungry. Long story short, all the meats ordered were overcooked, one so badly it HAD to be sent back - well-done when med-rare was ordered. Needless to say, I was not impressed and of course they will be getting one of my unsatisfied customer letters. On a positive note, the wine was excellent...After dinner, went home for some music and drinks.

No comments: