Monday, August 11, 2008

JACKSON HOLE, WYOMING







No words can ever describe this trip...but I will do my best. I'll start by saying if you (and I'm probably talking the whole two of you that actually read this blog...) ever get a chance to get out to Jackson Hole...DO IT! Beautiful! So, here's the story... or at least what I'm willing to tell of it. ; ) Got up at the crack of dawn to catch our Delta flight. I tried to cram as much hot summer/cool fall type clothes into my one, under 50 pound, bag that I was allotted. Thankfully I wasn't planning on skiing or snowshoeing as I would have either had to wear my parka and pants on board the plane or pay the extra $1000 for a second bag. Got everything in and weighed in on my bathroom scale which came up to 47lbs. Figured a three pound error should be okay. I was hoping I didn't "adjust" the zero on the scale more than 3 lbs...So, off we go at 5:30 AM. I was so proud of myself for seemingly having it together and being on time. That is until we were about 20 minutes into our trip when I realized I had left my sparkling clean (which is why they were off my hand) rings on the bathroom counter...We had to turn around...Thankfully we had a small extra pillow of time due to my togetherness and a small misreading of the departure time on the itinerary. We got turned around, rushed home, picked up rocks, and got back on the road. Got to the airport, J took car to Egypt, limped through security, and made it to our gate. Got on plane, changed in Salt Lake, and arrived in JH (that'd be Jackson Hole) with no trouble. Stayed at a beautiful home just outside of town. I will call our group "the Hole Pack" which consisted of J&A, L&T, D&M, and B&J. Whew! We made it...

No comments: