Friday, August 15, 2008

hmm...where am I?


So, this is going to be a short entry. Partly is because I'm tired. Other partly because...well, I'm just friggin' tired. So, what's new...Okay, here's a short story...So, the other night Emerson decided he just wasn't going to sleep. I put him back in his bed what felt like 1000 times (and I really think that number is not too far off.) Finally, after pulling the "mama, I neeeeeeed you. Mama, I want yoooouuuuuuu." routine (it was the mama, I need yoouuuu that got me...plus tears helped...) I threw him in the bed with me and figured he would probably fall asleep before daddy got home from the gym and could then do the seamless transfer that can only occur after the onset of full on REM. Well, being the Olympics addicts we are, men's gymnastics was on. The Chinese team was doing their floor routine (which WHY don't they get music too like the women?) and Emerson was watching despite my warnings of goto sleep or else (but being an addict myself, just couldn't turn it off). Anyway, after a few minutes, Emerson slips out of the bed and disappears. I sighed and snuggled down into my blankets to savor my few minutes of peace and quiet. Then, I hear a THUMP THUMP! What is that!!!!???? I look over the foot of the bed and there is Emerson jumping and rolling around out of control. What's wrong?! Mama, I'm practicing. I want to do that! So, long story short, Emerson wants to be the next world class male gymnast and is even signed up with his best friend, Connor, to take tumbling this fall. I know you are all smiling as you read this thinking, "how cute", but J and I will be laughing all the way to the bank when Nike and whoever else is going to endorse Nastia (go USA!) and Shawn (we'll take it from here girls in a few years) sign Emerson and he then signs all his checks over to his loving parents because we believed in him one August night in 2008 when he was hopping around our bedroom like a jumping bean with hot salsa in his pants. So, here's to believing in your children and yourself...Here's to BIG dreams...and sweet dreams...

No comments: