Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Giving Notice


I'd like to take a few days off for vacation. No, I don't want to go anywhere or do anything specific. In fact, sitting still and being quiet, is enough.


So, here's my notice. I would like this Saturday and Sunday off.


I would like to sleep past 5AM. I would like to lie in bed and stare at the ceiling and enjoy the day slowly beginning. I would like to sip my coffee curled up in the sunroom and enjoy the sun streaming in through the windows as I watch the birds convene at the feeder. I would like to sit at my computer and mindlessly surf the web. I would like to write. Later in the afternoon, I would like to lie down and relax. I would order dinner in. No chores, no children, no noise.

Sounds perfect.


Now, my only problem is I haven't figured out where and to whom I'm supposed to submit my notice...

No comments: