Friday, January 15, 2010

I Want to Sleep Like a KING!


So it's no secret that some crazy biological malfunction occurred simultaneously with the conception of what is now Dalton that robs me of sleep on a daily basis. That being said, my sleep habits are at best "unsatisfactory" with drugs, and completely nonexistent without. Add two kids, two dogs, superhuman mommy hearing that hears every wind shift in the night, and a small bed. I used to think a Queen bed was HUGE... And it is when you're 6 and you sleep in a twin. But, I've leaned, the longer you're married, the more kids you have, and the older you get, the good ole queen just starts shrinking. Last night, first wake up call around 1:30 was a nightmare...Being too lazy and tired to deal with it, we did the whole, just pull him into bed, reassure that those bad monsters have gone away, snuggle, kiss, and back to sleep. Next pitter patter occurred about 3AM (still a little early to start my day). Pulled this one into the bed. Laid there with him while he and his brother kicked one another for about an hour. Put him on other side of me but then was afraid he would roll out. So, about 4:15, I'd had enough torture. Figured, a few hours was good enough to survive my day on, and gave the little one some Tylenol for his pain, and put him back to bed. Made some coffee and decided to have a little mommy time on the computer...hence another successful blog post. Well, maybe one day I'll get my new over sized KING and then maybe I'll get to sleep like one...wouldn't that be nice.

No comments: